Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camp in about a minute...

I have decided to update.

I went to camp two months ago and now I am home.  But there are parts of me that I have left behind and I do not miss them.  God stretched me further than He has ever stretched me.

Let me start from the beginning, if you care to listen to my story. If not, just scroll down. I'll put a joke down there or something for you.

On June 1st I drove five and half hours north of good ol' Riverside with the help of Mr. Ian Foreman.  I dropped him off at the Fresno airport and headed one more hour up to Oakhurst where I would pull into Sugar Pine Christian Camp.  I had no idea what was in store for me.  Backing up, I applied for this job as a means of having something to occupy my summer with and a way to have a fun summer job.  I didn't go into it to change lives, grow in Christ, or meet an amazing Christian family.  As you probably guessed, those were the things that happened.

My first friend that I absolutely fell in love with was Rachel Green.   No, not from friends.  Actually she's from Northern Ireland and she was one of my main means of surviving the summer.  Rachel was basically the person who really helped me deal with being away from home and put in such an uncomfortable place for me. 

I have to let you know, I am a bid OCD and change is hard for me.  Being in an environment where I had no phone, no internet, no music, and the luxuries I was used to, I felt trapped.  But God showed me how freeing it actually all was.  I was pulled apart from the world I was used to and put into a world of servant-hood.  the isolation from the things I knew before was actually a blessing and a paradise.  I had to wake up at a certain time every day, eat the same foods every day, wear the same clothes every day, do the same things every day, and when those simple choices are taken from you, there is nothing left to do but focus on Christ.  God is so amazing and perfect the way he plans every single thing out.  

God is good. Camp was good. Life is great.


knock knock
(who's there)
banana....

No comments: