
I woke up this morning in my bed with my friend Bree asleep facing opposite me, and my friend Jana alseep (most likely uncomfortably) on the floor. Outside my window was the sound of rain rolling out of the sky. I had such a full feeling. The kind of feeling that all the pieces and events of my life are like a skeleton and all the other things, the feelings that you can't tangibly touch or see, is the stuff that keeps all the bones together. Then as I was getting ready, I found this: The Meaning of Life. It wasn't even in a special notebook or a meaningful place. It was actually in one of my least favorite notebooks. And what I love most about it (if I may compliment myself for a moment) was that it is written so frankly. I suppose one day I figure it all out and jotted it down. It's written like a grocery list. I guess that's the best part of life, is that the little things that we always thought were so simple turn out to be so deep. You know like "be yourself." SIMPLE! Right? And then we never do it until one day you realize that if you just "be yourself" your life is great! I wish that we could all stop stressing and just live. That has to be the hardest thing to do though. For me, I always feel like my life has a plot, there are things that need to get done so that next thing may happen. That would be my camera mind again. But today, there is no plot. I am just alive. Soon my sister will be here and we will be off to eat breakfast. I feel good today. More relaxed than I have ever felt in a long time...a REAL long time.
4 comments:
Nothin's better than a person filled with God's peace.
You should add one more thing to that list...
4. Be friends with Nicole forever.
:]
5. We should have dinner tonight.
6. I can't wait for actf
thanks for reminding me to just live and love.
i love you.
Post a Comment